Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Underway

Hello world! I've been playing Warhammer 40,000 for nine years since 3rd edition. I started when I was 14, and my first army was Black Templars. I soon pushed my parents to buy me Tau and eventually Necrons. Currently, I am converting my Black Templars to Blood Angels.

All that to say: I have experience playing with an assault based army, a shooty mobile army, a tough to kill shooty army, and now a fast marine army. I have played against many competitive lists with some of the best generals Tennessee has to offer.

I am always searching for strategical and tactical advice against the competitive army builds I find in tournaments. There are bits and pieces out there, and there even a few sites that focus on the tactics of specific armies. When I started searching for successful ways to play with Space Marines, the information seemed scattered.

Part of the mission of this site is to compile a Codex Astartes online. I will be looking at the various deployment types, popular tournament scenarios, and how I believe different lists should play against the competitive lists you will find at tournaments in today's 40K.

I hope you find something here that helps you enjoy this wonderful game even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment