Friday, November 4, 2011

Thought #00008: Rising From the Grave

It's been a while since my last post. A number of personal issues arose and kept me from the more enjoyable things in life (gaming), but I feel that my life is returning to some semblance of order.

It just fits.
I have been considering how to reengage this blog, and then much to my surprise and gleeful pleasure, the Necron codex has been updated! I've been waiting for this moment for about 4 years when the first rumors started coming out.

I'm so excited to play with my dusty old Necron models, and that's why I love gaming (particularly 40k). This silly little game is exciting; it gives us all something to talk about (which is helpful for those of us who are introverted gamers); and it brings people together.

*insert warm fuzzy music*






The first one may very well be BA vs Necrons...
I've decided to start things off with a comprehensive Codex Review of the Necron Codex. This review will consist of 2 major elements and span several weeks:

1) A full-read through of the rules and units with my initial impressions and predictions

2) Battle Breakdowns where I craft a list and play-test it at the local gaming store. I will strive to play at least one game with every unit in the codex in order to highlight each unit in a "live fire exercise."

So watch out for part 1 of the codex review where I will start with the army special rules and the HQs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment